Re: Fwd:Love Bug Virus

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Thu May 04 2000 - 15:51:03 EDT

At 12:36 PM 5/4/00 -0400, you wrote:
>FYI

Don't open the attachment in a message called ILOVEYOU. It is shutting down
computer systems all over the world. There are 6 damaged machines in the
University of Guelph Library, Guelph, Ont. University of Waterloo Library,
Waterloo, Ont. has lots damaged. The Ontario Legislative Library system is
out. People using MS Outlook for email and who have automatic opening of
attachments are the big losers as it sucks up the addresses and sends mail
to everyone in it. It overwrites images and MP3 files.

Bob Tom. Ontario, Canada. '97 Dakota CC, 5.2L, 3.92 SG, auto.
Corrected max. rwhp = 227.4 Corrected max. rwtorque = 335.0 lb-ft
Measured max rwhp = 231.2 Measured max. rwtorque = 340.0 lb-ft
PB 14.85 sec @ 91.67 mph