Re: v-6 header installation

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Fri May 05 2000 - 00:27:27 EDT

I recently put JBA headers on my 97 v6 and it's straight out easy.

tools to have if the studs are replaced with bolts would be a vise grip.
clamp down on the studs and twist them out. Otherwise, some studs might hit
the header, hindering installation. that's about it.... I didn't use any
hi-temp sealer on the collector (flanges?) but I wish I did... tell me how
your install goes. I think I have a leak in my headers, it'll tick like a
@#$@# when started, but it goes away after a while. might be my lifters
also... oh well, those get replaced next week,.
Dester

another thing to have is a bunch of 11mm (whichever your new header bolts
are) wrenches. I had to try a bunch of different wrenches to get a good seal
on a couple of the header gaskets (do so before you start up the truck..
those things get hot quick

<< Im gonna put my headers on my 95 this sun...any suggestions? What type of
 high temp seal was used on the exhuast flang? Any problems with the headers
 loosening up after awhile? Thanks