RE: Re: what about the nv-3500

From: Sam Parthemer (srp@home.com)
Date: Fri May 05 2000 - 02:42:46 EDT

Let's see.. my old '95 has 132k on it now... and my brother
just had it rebuilt w/ new shift fork (sound familiar Kuk?),
syncros, and bearings.... and a new clutch... Runs like
a champ now.

That is 132k of HARD miles, numerous boat pulling, 1st-2nd,
2nd-3rd CHIRPS, and at least a couple of attempts at a 3rd-
4th gear chirp (no dice).

Also that included approx 50-60 trips down the 1/4 mile, numerous
street light drags, etc. etc... and my '95 had the 4.02 first
gear too.. so 1st-2nd shift was about as quick as wax-on/wax off
Danielson....

The transmission is good, just don't let it run out of fluid :P

Sam '00 RT