Re: 4.7 Oil Pressure

From: EUGENE HARRINGTON (MOPARSLOTCAR@webtv.net)
Date: Fri May 05 2000 - 06:24:30 EDT

Mine reads high also. This just means the engine is tight and the oil
pump is doing it's job. The only harm from high oil pressure I know is
to performance from the extra drag caused by running the oil pump faster
than needed. When these engines are thirty years old, we all will
greatly appreiciate the pumps efficiency. Requirements are approx. ten
pounds of pressure to every thousand rpm the engine turns. We greatly
exceed that and as things wear I know the pressure will drop off. But
Mother Mopar is looking out for us giving us more than required now so
that it will still be plenty down the road. Where other manufacturers
trucks are ready for an overhaul, we keep on getting it !

Thanks,
 Eugene