Re: what about the nv-3500

From: Doug Fedeli (rdf@eznet.net)
Date: Fri May 05 2000 - 14:23:47 EDT

I've got a 92 V6 CC with 106K miles on it. The only problem I had with it was at
about 50K the pivot point for the fork broke off and the clutch would only
partially engage. When it was replaced they said the clutch looked in good
shape. That doesn't really count because that's in the clutch, not the tranny.
Other than that mine has been flawless. For the last 5 summers I've pulled a 27'
popup camper that weighs about 2500lbs loaded up plus gearing the bed and still
haven't had any problems. I'm not sure right now which 5 speed is in mine. I can
check the sticker under the hood when I get home. I do know it was called the HD
version. When I ordered the truck in 92 I had to wait to get it because the HD
5speeds were going into the "new" Grand Cherokees.

Doug