Running Warm/Fixes

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Sat May 06 2000 - 16:17:55 EDT

Ok, are there any fixes or anything I can do to help my Dakota run cooler??
Today it got about 85 here and I noticed the temp guage on the dash is
showing the truck is running warmer than normal. Typically and normally,
once the truck is warmed up, the needle on the temp guage reads moves to
about the 1/8 mark, no more. Lately, like the last week or so and especially
today, the needle was up at about 1/4-3/8 on the guage. I know is it still
nowhere near overheating, but I like my truck to run as cool as possible. I
flush the cooling system every other year and drain/refill the radiator
every spring. I just replaced my tstat in the fall 99', so I can rule the
tstat out. I also am currently running a bottle of Redline's Watter Wetter.
I have been toying with the idea of taking my truck into a very good local
radiator shop and having the radiator steamed/flushed/cleaned out, just
incase some 'fins' are becoming plugged internally on my 122,500 mile old
stock radiator. Any thoughts? Could this be a coolant sensor going bad? I
know there are twocoolant sensors, one for the computer and one for the temp
guage on the dash. THANKS.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6