*#@*&$ing intake gaskets!!!!!!!!!

From: Chris Lambert (clam9892@postoffice.uri.edu)
Date: Sun May 07 2000 - 19:28:19 EDT

I read in i think car craft that some chevies have a problem like this,
yeah I know surprise, but anywahy they said that the cure was to take a
small nail punch and put small dings in the center of the gasket surface on
both the block and the manifold, but as I am sure you know the intake is
aluminum so you have to be very careful not to hit it to hard... I am
pretty sure this is all they said, can't remember and i already starting
moving back home so the magazine is there, anyone else read this...?

Chris

>well today I pulled off the MPI to fix the rear gasket which was leaking
>pretty bad. All said and done too me a leisurely 3hrs, just find and
>dandy... drive home and I start to smell oil again.
>F*@&@#$IO!@@!@!!!!!!!!!! leaking AGAIN!!!!!! I did reuse the
>steel/rubber gasket, but sandwiched it with RTV.. What gives???? The front
>doesn't leak, just the rear (cam gear throwing the oil up??) This now means
>I get to take it off AGAIN, although I hate to drop $40 for another freakin
>set of gaskets.
>
>Anyone else had this problem with the MPI/M1?? If so, PLEASE how did you
>fix it I am gettin annoyed!!!!!

'00 CC, 4.7, 5-sp, 3.93SG, Traction Problems, Special Ordered...