Re: "Heads" 318, 360, or Mag5.2 that is the question

From: Gmblows@aol.com
Date: Sun May 07 2000 - 23:29:57 EDT

Magnums have roller cams & lifters, this is the difference;
The letter U shape would be a roller lobe profile,
V shape would be a flat tappet. as you can see the U would have
the valve open faster and provide more airflow for the same duration.
The V opens slower, gets to max lift slower, spends less time at
max lift, and starts to close sooner.
If you were to upgrade a pre-mag to magnum heads, you would
see more gains with a roller cam upgrade as well.

<<
 <it's seems like a lot of stuff, but I hear Magnum heads make maaaaad
 power on non-magnum engines>

 Who just told me there was no way a pre-mag w/ mag heads would not come
close
 to magnum performance, what does the block matter most of the power is in
the
 heads right