RE: Turbo City

From: David's Dakota (dakota@ivyleague.net)
Date: Mon May 08 2000 - 15:10:18 EDT

>> Anyone using a Turbo City dual air intake on their dak?
>>
>> Jason Nahrgang

Yeah, I've had one for over a year now. Works pretty good...only
a couple of things about it:

1) The intake noise is fairly noticeable...does not bother me.

2) The filters get clogged up pretty good if you do not keep them
clean and then play in some water while off-roading...this is my
biggest complaint...I have purchased some Uni prefilter material
and am going wrap it around the filters to try and keep the dirt
and water from reaching the actual filter and thereby extending
the time bewtween cleanings.

3) There are two filters to maintain instead of one...double the
fun.

4) The finish on the unit is nothing like the smooth shiny
surface you see on their website.

OVERALL:

I like the unit and think it is a pretty good deal for the money
when compared to other intake mods like the FIPK.

Something about its appearance is almost always the first comment
out of anyones mouth when they see under my hood...my
brother-in-law said "Hey, your trucks got balls."

David Martin
98 SC 5.2l 4x4

My trucks email:
dakota@ivyleague.net