Re: Re: FIPK filter question...attn: Chuck R.

From: NVMYDakota@aol.com
Date: Mon May 08 2000 - 16:19:56 EDT

In a message dated 5/8/00 1:15:56 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
intense99dak@home.com writes:

> > I am thinking about using a 14" round air cleaner,
> > wall the sides in with aluminum, and use pvc for the
> > pipe...the transition from the air cleaner to the pipe
> > is the problem area....I saw in a Hot Rod article they
> > used a square-to-round duct adapter to do the
> > transition. Hard to make it look clean though.
>
> Chech out http://www.members.home.com/clrobbins/coldair.htm
> It's just a quick page I threw up which has a couple of photos of a
> set-up like the one you described.
> maybe something like the dryer vent hose I used on my
> dual cool air intakes. I also remember a company that makes something
> similar. I'm not sure what the url is. Maybe someone else remembers.

Well I got the 14 X 3 K&N FIPK, worked great, but it gets wet (when it rains
IT POURS!) adn the truck starts to crap out(really fuggin annoyin) so I took
some of that dryer duct, cut a slit in it and put it over the front 3/4 of
the filter, problem solved, next problem, NO MORE FRESH AIR! It's gettin some
(back 1/4 of filter) but I think I am approaching the crappy amount of
airflow the factory box had. I got small oval Foggies ina a 3X5 fog hole, so
I am thinking that I'll run some ram air tubes up from there.

OK Here's the real question

If I have the tube go straight to the aircleaner I know I'll get water in
there, but If I have it doa couple of 90 Degree bends will this stop the
water? I am trying to get some fresh COOOL air to my damned aircleaner, but
it's jsut mocking me! Please HELP

Greg

PS would having the cold air ducts jsut blowinging twards the aircleaner be
enough, or should I make a funny lookin boxy thing like the page above?