Bed tie-downs?

From: Korey Atterberry (korey99@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue May 09 2000 - 15:20:59 EDT

Hey all-
  On my 2000 Club Cab, I've got the two U-shaped brackets in the back
corners of the bed, and the two recessed brackets underneath the rubber
plugs. I'm not terribly happy with the location of these. I'm sure
they'd be ok for say a dirt bike, but I would like something up the
wall a little bit in the front and the back. The ones at the bottom
are nearly impossible to get to when I throw a bunch of gear in the
bed. I see the quad cab has brackets mounted up the wall a bit, which
seemed more useful.

  Has anyone put in some extra tie-downs in their bed? Any suggestions
on a nice strong place to mount them? Any suggestions on how to keep
the holes I drill from rusting?

Korey Atterberry
2000 CC Sport+ Black 3.9- Linex, Sportmasters hinged soft tonneau