WAS: I NEED HELP FAST NOW: Spring Clamps

From: Chris Lambert (clam9892@postoffice.uri.edu)
Date: Tue May 09 2000 - 17:23:17 EDT

Well on my 2000 the spring clamps helped quite a bit in off the line
traction, also i could no longer put it sideways into second gear. One
disadvantage, I now have very violent wheel hop if i try to back up quickly
from a standstill. I bought mine at Auto Zone for like $7. Well worth it,
at least for my truck.

Chris

>They are suppose to keep the leaf springs from separating when the axle
>starts to wrap up (wheel hop) but they didn't do anything for my truck. Some
>folks on the list have had good success with them. I just have never taken
>them off, just lazy!
>You want them? hee hee!!
>
>__________________________________
>Matt -- Mechanicsville, VA Y2K-HEMI
>`00 Sport Plus 4.7L 5spd. 9 1/4 3.92 LSD
>RC 2x4 Homemade air intake W/ K&N open element,
>Traction Bars, Spring clamps, Mobil 1
>BEST 1/4 14.57 @ 91.09 MPH (Hoosier Slicks)
>BEST 1/8 9.19 @ 72.58 MPH (Hoosier Slicks)
>BEST 60' 1.90
>ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

'00 CC, 4.7, 5-sp, 255/65/15's nearing baldness, tinted windows, Magnum
front plate, flairs, clear corners, stereo in progress...