Re: Swift Rapids

From: Jason Bleazard (jbleazard@home.com)
Date: Tue May 09 2000 - 21:43:10 EDT

Norah Bleazard wrote:

> As for the pathfinder... I still have no idea what his whole day was about.

Actually, I think one of the other club members had the idea that he
might be able to get more traction if he kept two tires on dry ground.
If you look at this pic:
http://www.chris.usethis.com/4x4/2000-05-06-swift-rapids/05-Nissan-Tilt.jpg

you can see the tire tracks on the bank that show he's doing it
deliberately.

(BTW, we made it through this section under our own power. The lifted
YJ in front of us on 31x10.5 BFGs didn't. :-)

I think some of the more experienced members really get a kick out of
trying to see what stock trucks with inexperienced drivers will really
do. Kind of like an initiation rite or something :-).

> Unfortunately we don't have the limited slip on the '95. Jason has been
> wishing for this for quite some time. I've got it on mine.

I'm holding out for a Powertrax No-Slip. That'll be a while, though.
Gotta pay for the Swampers first.

Jason Bleazard http://www.bleazard.net Toronto, Ontario
his: '95 Dakota Sport 4x4, 239 V6, 5spd, Reg. Cab, white
hers: '98 Dakota Sport 4x4, 318 V8, Auto, Club Cab, black