RE: Swift Rapids

From: Norah Bleazard (nbleazard@home.com)
Date: Tue May 09 2000 - 17:08:12 EDT

Thanks Tom,

The '95 did much better than I had anticipated. Last year we did the same
trail with the '98 Club Cab with stock tires and finished ok, but the trail
seemed a little easier. This year there was way more mud and deeper holes
than I remember. But then the environment changes from day to day. No
matter how many times you scout out a trail, it's always changing.

As for the pathfinder... I still have no idea what his whole day was about.
We pulled him out of a stuck once, but he kept trying strange things. We
all had a hard time figuring out what he was trying to do. It seems he had
some kind of a "Nissan Pathfinder" attitude. His truck was completely stock
and using street radials, yet he believed he could do anything. Even last
year with the stock tires, I knew our limits. At least I think I did :) He
couldn't get through this one hole, so he backed up and tried putting one
side on the bank for traction. He eventually made it out, but not without
one long fight.

Unfortunately we don't have the limited slip on the '95. Jason has been
wishing for this for quite some time. I've got it on mine. I don't know
much about the LSD and what the benefits would be off road. Can you tell me
if it would make our adventures on the trail easier? If so, how much do
these cost to buy and install? I may buy one for Jason for Christmas or
something. SH*T... I just sent that to the list. No surprise now :) Hey
Jason... I was just kidding... wink wink, nudge nudge ;)

TTYL,
Norah
current: '95 Dakota Sport white 4x4 Reg Cab V6/3.9L/5spd