Coil-overs and Helper Springs

From: Tim J Koth (Tim.J.Koth@aexp.com)
Date: Tue May 09 2000 - 22:45:34 EDT

Hey I've been wondering about some 'helper spings' for the front of our gen
III Daks. What I'm looking for is a coil-over shock that will provide a little
'suspention affect' to help out the front torsion bars. To help keep them
from sagging and possibly help to crank them up and give me an extra inch or
so front lift. Anyone know of anything available? I saw some separate springs
in JC Whitney that you could bolt over your shocks but wasn't sure if they
were crap or not. And then there was another post about the helper springs
that can be added to the rear for a little lift and extra support. Just
wondering if anyone has thought of or used any of these as a way to get a
little extra lift for off roading.

Yea, those are "coil-overs" , I know exactly what your talking about!!
are yours adjustable? like the Koni brand?? They'll be stiff alright!! hee
hee, but thats good for racing! Thats another good idea that I kinda forgot
about!
Only thing about coil overs are they tend to lift the ass end up in the air
if they are non adjustable.
-- snip --