"5 star" dealers

From: mark janke (sftvboy@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue May 09 2000 - 23:14:00 EDT

Saw the post on Stevens Creek Dodge and just had to
throw in my .02 I bought my Dakota at the "5 star"
dealer in Colma, (South San Francisco). I haven't
needed any service on the truck it was how they
handled me during the sale of the vehicle and really
hosed me over on my deposit on it. I wound up calling
Diamler Chrysler in Michigan and firing off a nasty
letter to the Better Business Bureau on exactly what
happened, who I spoke to etc. etc. a week later the
general manager of the dealership called me and said
he would refund me the expenses I incurred.

I think they are awarded the 5 star rating just based
on pushing trucks and cars out the door and that is
it. They let me drive a Durango off the lot and keep
it for a few weeks before they realized financing
wouldn't work and I got a Dakota.

To whoever had the problem in San Jose you can get
some free bad press by calling KRON-TV they do a
consumer fraud segment and could help you. I work
over at KPIX but I know the guy at KRON and I'm sure
they'd love a new story lead.

Mark