Re: RE: I NEED HELP FAST - I AM BUYING MY DURA RE: TERRY

From: Terry Herrin (therrin@isaac.net)
Date: Wed May 10 2000 - 00:27:05 EDT

"Tim Berry" <coolva1@home.com> wrote:
>Okay children.... wanna chill?
>look at it this way, They are both Mopar motors... they both rock ass... and
>they serve their purpose....

Yes, they do. All I ask is that fair comparisons be made. Comparing
a 5.9 in a CC auto to a 4.7 RC manual is not a fair comparison of the
engines themselves. Someone wanted to know which engine will produce
a faster Durango, and dammit, the correct answer is the 5.9. Forget
all the crap about cabs and transmissions and mods, they don't apply
to a NEW DURANGO. Yes, I know the guy has already bought a 4.7, but
what about next month when another person asks the same question? Are
we going to go through this same crap again? Should I just let Matt
mislead the Durango buyer into thinking the 4.7 is faster and not say
anything?

>Lets not start this childish Mines better than yours because.... I'm only
>18, and I dont even do that any more...

This is not about mine verses yours, at least it wasn't until Matt
made it so. I can honestly say if I owned a 4.7 I would still be
making the exact same argument I am making now, that the 5.9 Durango
is faster than the 4.7 Durango. Does anyone have stock track numbers
for these two vehicles?

Terry Herrin
99 FR CC R/T
14.769 @ 91.43