has anyone painted their diff. cover?

From: Chris Lambert (clam9892@postoffice.uri.edu)
Date: Wed May 10 2000 - 08:31:21 EDT

I used regular red spray paint from home depot on my 88. just make ssure
you clean it really well and then put on a lot of paint. It lasted over 2
years without looking bad. This is also with all the salt they throw down
on the roads here in the winter (RI). I used a solution of dishwashing
soap to clean it. I used an old paintbrush and a wirebrush to really get
it on there. The dish soap actually removes any grease that may be on
there. all in all plan probably about an hour an a half to o it right, but
it looks killer. My 88 was 2wd and you could see it well from like 50' and
further back.

Chris

>if so, what paint did you use?
>
>pedro

'00 CC, 4.7, 5-sp, 255/65/15's nearing baldness, tinted windows, Magnum
front plate, flairs, clear corners, stereo in progress...