Re: RE : Buying MY DURANGO....... RE: KUK

From: Chris Lambert (clam9892@postoffice.uri.edu)
Date: Wed May 10 2000 - 08:52:32 EDT

>"Barret, Matt" <MATT_BARRET@earthtech.com> wrote:
> >Mods and their ET's. Terry's truck runs 14.7's, his truck is about 200
> >pounds heavier than my Reg Cab. So that is about .20 sec. (about) so if ya
>
>I believe the weight difference is more than 200 pounds.

The 4.7 is over a 100 pounds lighter than a 5.9 to start with then the cab
weights etc. Does an auto tranny weigh more than a 5-sp?

> >Not pick'n on ya Terry!! I know Terry has a since of humor, and as I have
> >told him before a sweet truck!
>
>I do have a sense of humor, but I don't understand why you took a
>debate between the 4.7 and 5.9 and turned it into a debate between
>your truck and my truck. The guy has made his decision and he bought
>the 4.7. That's great, I know he'll enjoy the Durango. It would have
>been faster with the 5.9, but like he said, the 4.7 has all the power
>he needs.

And again you are saying that the 5.9 is faster than the 4.7. Do we have
proof of this? I would not say who is quicker without numbers. It seems
that the 4.7 and 5.9 are near equal powerplants. The 5.9 makes more torque
than the 4.7 but the 4.7 has a higher redline (correct?)... so which is
qucker..? Lets just say they are both great engines and are near equal.

Chris

'00 CC, 4.7, 5-sp, 255/65/15's nearing baldness, tinted windows, Magnum
front plate, flairs, clear corners, stereo in progress...