RE: Truck is at the dealer - Massive Pinging

From: Wisotzkey, Rich (Rich.Wisotzkey@gd-wts.com)
Date: Wed May 10 2000 - 11:29:09 EDT

Bernd,
What year is your truck?
Rich - Ashburn, VA

-----Original Message-----
From: Bernd D. Ratsch [mailto:bernd@texas.net]
Sent: Wednesday, May 10, 2000 11:20 AM
To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
Subject: DML: Truck is at the dealer - Massive Pinging

Well, the truck is at the dealer to find out why the timing is no up to 48
degrees advanced at 2500rpm. This this sounds worse than a diesel. All of
the Go-Fast-Goodies (ie; Nitrous, Chip, MSD, etc.) were removed so that the
dealer couldn't blame it on the aftermarket parts. They said that they
would get back to me later on today and also stated that they have been
encountering this problem with the Dakota trucks at around 38-40K miles.

I'll keep you all posted as soon as I hear from them....

- Bernd