went to court....

From: mike d. (miggitymike@juno.com)
Date: Thu May 11 2000 - 01:13:47 EDT

Well, today was the big day!!

I got up early and showed up at the court house at 9:30AM...

the tickets I was contesting were "Improper Display of License Tags"
(lexan window) and "Alteration of Suspension" (where I measured 13.5" and
the law says no lower than 14").
So, after sitting aorund the court room (and getting bitched at by the
Bailiff who we referred to as Helga) for almost 4 hours, my name is
finally called...
On the license plate I pled NOT GUILTY, on the suspension I pled GUILTY

o, how did it come out?
On the license plate thing, I showed him pics of the window and the
lights on it: NOT GUILTY
ont the ride height... apparently the City of NewPort News has a Zero
Tolerance policy on alteration of suspension. I got stuck with a big fat
GUILTY AS CHARGED, and a whopping $25 fine...

oh well.. the biggest deal was the window thing... so, don't let the cops
hassle you!!!! If you have a Lexan Window with the plate box in it, it IS
legal!!!!

-mike d.

-----> gettin' hassled in Yorktown, Virginia
PROJECT 13's!! 88 Dakota that's slammed and gettin' a 360 Magnum!

miggitymike@juno.com
http://members.xoom.com/dakotaperf/index.html

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.