Re: I get shocked everytime I get out of my truck

From: Jason Bleazard (jbleazard@home.com)
Date: Thu May 11 2000 - 18:25:25 EDT

Seth Huffman wrote:

> Everytime I get out of my truck and touch the metal on the door I get a
> static electricity shock. Is there anyway to prevent this?
>
> 2000 Black Dodge Dakota 4X4 4.7L V8
> ICQ# 47732665
> http://4x4dakota.8k.com/2000dakotaCC.html

Don't get out of the truck :-).

Seriously, I used to work with computer chips in Utah (really dry
climate). We were too lazy to leash ourselves to the table with
grounding straps. So what we did is mixed a capful of Downy fabric
softener in to a bottle of water, then sprayed it around all of the
carpets. It's cheap, it works well, but it leaves everything smelling
like a laundromat for a while. I used the same trick in my Neon with
good results after my roommate told me he wanted to name the car
"Sparky" because it was always zapping him.

Jason Bleazard http://www.bleazard.net Toronto, Ontario
his: '95 Dakota Sport 4x4, 239 V6, 5spd, Reg. Cab, white
hers: '98 Dakota Sport 4x4, 318 V8, Auto, Club Cab, black