Re: I get shocked...

From: J. Courtenay Brandon (jcbrandon@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu May 11 2000 - 18:24:12 EDT

No solution from me but I do have a possible
explanation.
I had a friend with the exact same problem on a '92
Volkswagen Jetta. The shocks were actually painful. We
found it was caused by the design of the tires.

Optimizing tires to run quietly on the freeway can
result in a design that does not discharge the static
electricity that naturally builds up in the vehicle.
My friend's car had four-season Michelins. The tire
company quickly re-designed that particular tire and
the next generation didn't have the static problem.

I suspect that because our trucks tend to have
aggressively treaded tires, it is more difficult to
design them to dissipate the static.

-J.

=====
-J.

J. Courtenay Brandon
Treat others as you would like to be treated.