Re: Re: noS bottle ?? /gauge

From: Alan Short (ashort@flash.net)
Date: Fri May 12 2000 - 18:54:18 EDT

WillTier@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 5/12/00 1:20:46 PM Eastern Daylight Time, bernd@texas.net
> writes:
>
> << $32.50.
>
> Some places are now charging $40 since the price went up.
> >>

> I fill my own and the last 65# bottle I bought was $96. I only use about 6#
> out of the bottle (start to lose performance at that point) and refil from
> there (according to NOS there is nothing wrong with doing it that way)

There's nothing "wrong" with doing it that way, it's just that the air
needs to be displaced to have 100% nitrous in the bottle. That's why my
performance shop pulls a vacuum on the empty bottle before the refill.
Air in the bottle could be why you can't use more than 6 lbs of a 10 lb
bottle.
I've been able to run my 15 lb bottle all but dry and still have it hit
hard. With the bottle warmer at full blast, that is.
Alan S.