RE: RE: Spark Plugs Breaking?

From: mrdancer (mrdancer@camalott.com)
Date: Sun May 14 2000 - 00:04:17 EDT

Bernd,
 I think that the engine expands and contracts a little more during the
initial break-in. After a few (hundred?) miles, the metal in the engine
probably "takes a set" and no longer expands and contracts to the same
degree. I may be all wet here, maybe someone with a little more knowledge
in metallurgy can answer this question. I know that it IS a problem on
aluminum engines where the metal expands and contracts much more than on
iron engines....

p.s. - Sorry for not including original text; I'm in digest mode and it's
kind of a pain to cut & paste all that stuff......

--
'92 Dak CC 2wd 318 3.55
'84 GoldWing Interstate