Re: RE: hotchkis on a pre 97

From: Richard A Pyburn (rap777@juno.com)
Date: Sun May 14 2000 - 11:25:14 EDT

Gary,

Seeing as how there are a fairly large number of pre-97's on this list
and yu could run a survey to determine interest, is there a number that
would justify production for pre-97s? (I bet it's pretty close to
break-even). USe us to develop the system and then go out in the market
and make more profit. Exposure from both models would help sales. One
thing you can tell your "bean-counters" (and I am a CPA but I don't give
a damn about beans) is that many of those people with the pre-97s don't
have payments to make and are looking for ways to improve the truck they
have rather than getting monthly payments all over again. Additionally,
they don't have warranty issues to consider either and are MORE likely to
make mods than the owner of a new truck who makes monthly payments and is
at the mercy of dealers who think mods void warranties.

Hearing about all of the pinging problems, I am not eager to buy the new
model. My '95 runs flawlessly, but I would like to have better hadling
and the great stance of the "Pinkley" mod.

Thanks for your time. Write me if you need more cost justification
arguements.

Richard in San Antonio

On Sat, 13 May 2000 21:02:33 -0700 "Pinkley" <gpinkley@earthlink.net>
writes:
> Sorry, guys and gals, I have checked out a pre-97 Dak and there are
> enough
> differences in the suspension that our parts do not work at all.
> Currently
> there are no plans to produce parts for them, sorry. :P
> Regards,
> Gary Pinkley

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.