Re:Re: RE: hotchkis on a pre 97

From: Brett Forehand (brett4hand@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun May 14 2000 - 13:28:19 EDT

Richard, I'll have to chime in with you on this one. There is a tremendous
amount of interest in the pre '97 Dak trucks. I'm sure you've seen the June
issue of Sport Truck magazine, which had a very nice feature of pre '97
Daks.

My view on the pre '97's is that there will be more and more interest in
buying/customizing/hot-rodding them. Young people these days (for the most
part) can't afford a brand new R/T or a Dak. (Why do you think you see so
many Japanese cars running around with fart pipes)!
Mike Clark and I discussed how many Gen II's we see on the road in Texas.
The damn things are everywhere, and everyone I ever talk to that has one has
done some mods to them, and are looking to do more, if only there were more
to be had!

I also feel that there is a strong brand loyalty with Dodge trucks. Most of
the guys here that now have R/T's or new Daks previously owned a GenII. So,
get a guy hooked on a sweet suspension setup for his GenII, then in a couple
years when he wants to get a Quad cab, R/T, or whatever, he'll want to put a
Hotchkis setup on it too. Makes sense to me!

Quoting Bernd again, "just my .02"

Brett Forehand
'94 Dakota Sport CC and spanked a Mitsushitty/Itchybitchy last night