Re: 180 tstat not as cold as I thought!

From: Tim Berry (coolva1@home.com)
Date: Sun May 14 2000 - 12:31:18 EDT

Okay... here I go... =-)
I have a 180 T-stat, and Electric Fans(2) I had one fan, with the 180
t-stat, (16") and noticed that in about 60 degree weather it would rise to
about the 195 mark, where it ran stock (dad has a 99 durango for comparison)
So.. I ran out anc slapped another 10" inbetween the AC Condenser, and the
radiator, and now that it was 95F yesterday, she never got above 200ish I'd
say, with the AC on...
When I am on the interstate, she does drop back down, but only if you are
goin good, or if its nice and cool out...
Tim Berry -- Chesapeake, VA
`97 SLT 318 auto CC 2x4 LSD:
Dual's w/Flowmaster, Homemade K&N GEN II, 2 Electric Fans
180 T-stat, MSD 8.5 wires, Traction Bars, F&B Stage 1, Mod'd intake
Trans Go Shift Kit, BFG 275/60's, MP Puter
Edelbrock Headers/Y-pipe, Exhaust cutout B4 cat
BEST 1/4 15.488 @ 86.2 MPH