Re: Compression test on '87 Dakota 3.9L

From: Jack (jack@california.com)
Date: Sun May 14 2000 - 17:22:25 EDT

Dester223@aol.com wrote:

> I got a question. Did you spray oil into the cylinders before you performed
> the test?

> -Dester

No, didn't, I performed a dry test only. I was looking for evidence of a blown
head gasket or cracked block. I have already decided to tear down to the cylinder
heads. When I get there, what I do next depends on what I learn on the way in.
With no block damage, I will exchange the heads for rebuilts and put the thing
back together, install a new radiator and keep driving. The only thing uncertain
at this point is the starting date.

There is minor sludge build up in the over flow tank. No evidence of water in the
oil.