Re: Compression test on '87 Dakota 3.9L

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Sun May 14 2000 - 16:54:51 EDT

I got a question. Did you spray oil into the cylinders before you performed
the test? because.. if you perform a "dry" test first and then put some oil
in it and the numbers change, that could be your rings going bad. if it
doesn't change and you have low numbers, your valves are right. maybe your
head gasket is blown and is forcing oil/gas into your cooling system. Are
there any traces of a sludge in your over flow tank?

As for coolant pushing into the over tank after shutting down. I THINK that's
normal, but then again, I only know the basics of the engine... not a major
motor head
-Dester

<< Can anyone comment on the readings that I got? Do they seem high? Any
 and all comments welcome.

 Thanks, Jack