Re: Re: RE: hotchkis on a pre 97

From: mike d. (miggitymike@juno.com)
Date: Sun May 14 2000 - 21:53:38 EDT

>>Richard, I'll have to chime in with you on this one. There is a
tremendous
amount of interest in the pre '97 Dak trucks. I'm sure you've seen the
June
issue of Sport Truck magazine, which had a very nice feature of pre '97
Daks<<

I'm gonna side with Hotchkis on this one..
there are at least 4 companies out there that already make kits to lower
pre-97 trucks via Spindles, Control arms, springs, monoleafs, shackles,
hangers, blocks... and they also allow a much lower drop. Sure, they
don't handle like a hotchkis kit, but they get the job done and handle
great if you get the right kit.
I like Hotchkis, and they make a great product... but I want more drop
than Hotchkis offers...
I just don't think they would sell enough kits to warrant the cost of
R&D...
and if they go with a spindle-type drop, there are different spindles for
97-90 and 91-96 so that's even more R&D costs that would have to come to
the consumer... =(

-mike d.

-----> clubless in Yorktown, Virginia
PROJECT 13's!! 88 Dakota that's slammed and gettin' a 360 Magnum!

miggitymike@juno.com
http://members.xoom.com/dakotaperf/index.html

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.