Re: Re: RE: hotchkis on a pre 97

From: Richard A Pyburn (rap777@juno.com)
Date: Mon May 15 2000 - 13:57:55 EDT

MIke:

You missed the point of the original post. LOwering is not the aim;
handling is. These people weren't bragging about how close they got to
the parking lot while standing still, but how fast they were able to go
around the course. Therefore, I don't care if there are a thousand
lowering kits out there. I'm looking for handling which was Gary's intent
when he designed the Hotchkis system. Lowering was used to augment the
handling but it was not the goal.

It's kinda like when you blow away a BMW. By rights, a truck shouldn't be
able to do this but we all know that Daks regularly do. By the same
token, Daks shouldn't outhandle sports cars in the twisties. With the
Hotchkis system, they do. That's the point. Scraping pavement is not the
point. Hell, I can let the air out of my tires to do that.

Richard in San Antonio