Re: S**t hits electric fan part 2

From: Gmblows@aol.com
Date: Mon May 15 2000 - 20:49:07 EDT

I thought that pulley was pressed on?

<< Ok:
 At shop today to see what the issue is with the electric fan conversion.
 Apparently my '92 doesn't have the 4 threaded bolt holes in the water
 pump like the rest of the Dakotas in the world (the 4 holes are in the
 pulley but there is nothing behind it)!
 Instead everything is held on with this massive nut which the clutch
 fan is permantly attached to! So my choices are 1: Buy a new water pump
 with the threaded holes in it or 2: Cut the clutch fan off with a hack
 saw and leave this stupid looking nut hanging off the tip (leaving about
 a 1/2" clearance between it and the electric fan setup).
 UUUUGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!......
 "psychonaut" >>