Re: What percent window tint is the backglass on 97+ dakotas???

From: Marty Galyean (mgalyean@acm.org)
Date: Tue May 16 2000 - 09:02:28 EDT

Something to realize is that almost all brands of the film stop about the same
amount of infra-red, or heat, the darkness of the tint has nothing to do with
that. If your goal is to keep people from seeing your finger up your nose or
highway patrol from seeing you go for your gun (or make them nervous that you
are) then get real dark tint and be prepared for dealing with nervous cops.
Personally, I got the lightest I could get. My truck is nice and cool without
the funeral tint and I never miss out on making eye contact with the honeys
(unless my finger is up my nose).