Re: still a'pingin

From: Ohm347@aol.com
Date: Mon May 15 2000 - 19:57:27 EDT

In a message dated 05/15/2000 4:44:10 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
fdedip@whale-mail.com writes:

<< Well, yesterday I put on my pretty new blue spark plug wires; also a
 new distributer cap and rotor. (the old rotor was rather corroded!)
 I hoped this would help my pinging 6er. Today, I filled it up with
 87 octane.
 Still pingin'. It's better, and it definitely is running smoother,
 but it's not cured. :(
 Friday I'm taking it in for some end-of-warranty work (35,791 miles-
 but who's counting?), so I'm gonna have them check the pinging, but I
 doubt they'll have a fix. I want it on record though. It isn't a
 big deal now, since it doesn't do it much, but if it gets worse....
 At least I have pretty spark plug wires. :)
 Flip

sorry to hear your truck is still pinging Flip. i think i now understand why
my truck doesn't ping. i have never ran anything less than 89 octane in it.
i used to only run 91 for th first year but i figured i was wasting to much
money on gas so i switched down to 89. every once in a while i run 94
through it for grins. seems to pull harder on the good stuff.
derek