Re: Re: RE: hotchkis on a pre 97

From: mike d. (miggitymike@juno.com)
Date: Mon May 15 2000 - 19:38:15 EDT

>>You missed the point of the original post. LOwering is not the aim;
handling is. These people weren't bragging about how close they got to
the parking lot while standing still, but how fast they were able to go
around the course. Therefore, I don't care if there are a thousand
lowering kits out there. I'm looking for handling which was Gary's intent
when he designed the Hotchkis system. Lowering was used to augment the
handling but it was not the goal<<

I think You miss My point... it's a demand issue....
most people go for height reduction, and take the handling as an added
bonus. Not everyone does, but MOST people do. 97+ dakotas handle well
from the factory, much better than pre 97's.
There isn't that much demand out there for lowering kits for pre 97's
anyway, and since MOST people are in it for the altitude reduction,
R&Din' a kit that only a small percentage of a small percentage of people
are gonna' buy may not be a wise business move.
There are plenty of parts out there made by world reknown suspension
manufacturers (Eibach, Bilstein, Helwig) for pre 97 dakotas that will
make it handle exceptionally. My 88 has Eibachs up front, Doetch Tech
shocks on all 4 corners, it's dropped 3/5 and it will hang with an R/T,
maybe even out-handle an R/T, and I don't have sway bars! Even if the R/T
does out handle me, a no-sway-bar lowered truck hangin' with a
big-sway-bar-built-to-handle-from-the-factory truck is pretty damn
impressive.
Hotchkis isn't the only company out there that makes kits that handle..

-mike d.

----> Clubless in Yorktown, Va.
PROJECT 13's!! ---> 88 Dakota 360 Magnum swap in progress!!

miggitymike@juno.com
http://members.xoom.com/dakotaperf/index.html

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.