still a'pingin

From: fdedip@whale-mail.com
Date: Mon May 15 2000 - 19:48:47 EDT

Well, yesterday I put on my pretty new blue spark plug wires; also a
new distributer cap and rotor. (the old rotor was rather corroded!)
I hoped this would help my pinging 6er. Today, I filled it up with
87 octane.
Still pingin'. It's better, and it definitely is running smoother,
but it's not cured. :(
Friday I'm taking it in for some end-of-warranty work (35,791 miles-
but who's counting?), so I'm gonna have them check the pinging, but I
doubt they'll have a fix. I want it on record though. It isn't a
big deal now, since it doesn't do it much, but if it gets worse....
At least I have pretty spark plug wires. :)
Flip

http://www.care2.com - Homebase for people who care about the Environment!