All in the Family

From: GSWillhite (GSWillhite@ualr.edu)
Date: Tue May 16 2000 - 13:56:53 EDT

Saturday night I'm headed down this real nice stretch of 4 lane
and pass this nice looking Ram. Its lowered a little, great paint
job, somebody has invested a little time and money. Well, I pass
him and he pulls up beside me and guns it, so we floor it and I
shift back into 3rd and zoom ahead shifting gears and all is cool
because GS is winning. After I slow, the Ram is back wanting more
so I downshift to 3rd again (40mph) and floor it, this time the
Ram blasts ahead of me 2 truck lengths....WOW? and I see my headlights
flashing back at me in his bumper as I'm nailing the gears trying
to catch up. All of sudden, almost as fast as he went by I started
catching up fast and past the Ram at 80-90 mph. WHEW! that was close.
Damn you NOS guys! ;) Just as I take the freeway on ramp this chevy
feels left out (we passed him in the race) and pulls up behind the
Ram, darn!! I'm already going a different direction. I would've loved
to have seen the look on that chebbie guys face when the big Ram nails
him.

GS -

'98 5.2L 5spd