RE: Re: GMC Syclone/Typhoon

From: David Gloff (dgloff@xnet.com)
Date: Tue May 16 2000 - 14:16:38 EDT

The R/T HANDLES better, and depending on an individual's taste looks
better, but it is NOT quicker in any sense of the word. Most sy's would
do 13.9 off the dealer's lot(Which makes it quicker than even the 1999/2k
Lightning, and beat the pants off of any stock Dak, sadly), and the Ty's
were about .2 sec slower (weight + shorter wheelbase)

My last bit on
the subject is a minor correction of a previous post. The Syclone was
manufactured in '91 only (except for a prototype in 90 and 3 for 92), and
the Typhoon in '92+'93. There was 1 prototype in '91, but it was still a
stock jimmy above the frame

David Gloff
Computer Technician
Valcom Professional Computer Center; Kemper/Scudder/Zurich Funds
aolim: dgloff
Loaded Intense Blue '99 Dakota Sport CC 318 5-speed 3.92SG
F&B Stage I TB, Keystone/Proglass Ram Air Hood, 14x3" K&N, Sir Michael's
Roll Pan, Custom monochrome paint

If ignorance is bliss, liberals must be the happiest people on earth