Re: Reprogramming WAS: Re: I HATE Rice Burners...

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Tue May 16 2000 - 21:57:24 EDT

At 08:06 PM 5/16/00 EDT, you wrote:
>The TV cable will raise the shift points..I have mine shifting at
>52-5300 Thanks, Ted O.

Thanks, Ted. I have tested adjusting the TV cable in both directions.
When moved towards the firewall, it does raise the shift points.
My problem is that, at WOT and with manually shifts with the Transgo
kit, the gear will hold and not shift upwards. At part throttle, everything
operates well. I did experiment with a 'mismatched' pcm which was calibrated
for 5600 rpm shifts and did not experience the shift problem. Hence,
reprogramming the shift points may be the solution for me.

Bob. Ont, Canada. '97 Dakota CC, 5.2L, 4x2, 3.92 SG, auto., 4350 lb.
RWHP: 226.2 (corrected) 231.2 (measured)
RWTQ: 332.5 (corrected) 340.0 (measured)
PB: 14.857 @ 91.67