Re: RE: jet chips

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Tue May 16 2000 - 22:03:51 EDT

At 08:41 PM 5/16/00 -0400, you wrote:
>Stage 1:
>If you have a stock engine with no other modification, this is the chip for
>you. The JET Stage 1 performance Chip is programmed for maximum power
>increases on a stock vehicle for improved performance under hard throttle
>conditions such as towing and wide open throttle acceleration.
>*Special Note: Stage 1 Chips are street legal in all 50 states. *CARB
>EO#D-234-4
>
>STAGE 2:
>Designed for modified vehicles with low restriction exhaust and low
>temperature thermostat. The JET Stage 2 Performance Chip has been calibrated
>for peak horsepower in cases where the engine has been modified to run
>cooler and the exhaust system is less restrictive than original equipment.
>*Special Note: Stage II Chips are street legal in all 50 states. *CARB
>E0#D-234-4

Quite awhile ago, I came across an article that mentioned a Stage 3.
Did this ever see the light of day? It was supposed to have all
of the Stage 2 features plus some heavy-duty calibrations for
tranny management.

Bob. Ont, Canada. '97 Dakota CC, 5.2L, 4x2, 3.92 SG, auto., 4350 lb.
RWHP: 226.2 (corrected) 231.2 (measured)
RWTQ: 332.5 (corrected) 340.0 (measured)
PB: 14.857 @ 91.67