RE: RE: A ricer that died trying this stunt

From: Sam Parthemer (srp@home.com)
Date: Thu May 18 2000 - 02:07:04 EDT

Not to brag, but with my Black RT, I hit a section of road near
my parents house that we called the street jump... Hit it above
45 mph and you'll get at least the front tires off the ground.

I hit it the 2nd day I had the truck as I was going to show my dad
the new ride... It's an intersection... I never get a chance to go
fast because of cars or yellow light. That day no cars!!!
So I nailed it and hit the lip of the 'jump' at about 75-80 mph...
I was so focused on keeping the truck straight (mind you, the fastest
I was ever able to hit it was in my '95 SLT-- and that was about 65-70 mph)
My friend who still lives on my parent's street was at the light
waiting to make a right turn when he saw the 'black jet' land
as he said it. I cleared the entire intersection, and from
his estimates was about 2' off the ground. The RT landed like
a Caddy running over a speed bump... Smooth as can be. I'll
never hit it that hard again (Don't think the Hotchkis could
take it, nor my back on the landing)... It scared the hell out
of me. It was like riding in a monster truck for .5 seconds...
Hood, sky and then pavement. Too bad the guy lost it in the video,
he probably never thought about how BAD things could get so fast.
Looks like he was trying to jump from center of the road, then
move over to the right lane to avoid on coming traffic. Not a good
move, especially at the speed he must of been travelling (60-70?)

Sam '00 RT