Re: Re[2]: F&B throttle body

From: Richard A Pyburn (rap777@juno.com)
Date: Thu May 18 2000 - 14:15:57 EDT

Kyle,
I agree with Tom, here. He beat me to the post. I don't go along with
your statement, "They simply made tons of promises they couldnt keep
and were very unprofessional, in my opinion. " I think it was more a
case of people expecting more than Frank & Bruce ever said they would be
able to do.

>From the outset both Frank and Bruce said they were doing this on their
own time at no profit to help people who wanted an alternative to the
high prices that were being charged by others. To keep costs low, they
reworked returned cores from people who bought their TBs rather than
buying and modifying new TBs (unless that was what you wanted). The
response was greater than they expected and since they had real jobs
which paid their bills, they got behind. But what really got them behind
was people not returning their cores so that Frank and Bruce could mod
them and send them to the next customer. This was ENTIRELY beyond their
control.

As far as professionalism, they spent a lot of time on the flow bench and
working with the stock and performance computers to get the best results.
They even tested a "Stage II" TB which people clamored for but did not
offer it because their tests proved it didn't help performance. some
companies sure wouldn't have let that stop them.

I am very happy with the TB that I got from Frank & Bruce. The
workmanship, quality and results are outstanding. Yes, it took a long
time to get it, but as Frank and Bruce often said, "If you're in a hurry,
you might want to consider someone else." I almost did. I almost went
with that Kabuki guy. What a mistake that would have been. I bet he'd
have been glad to sell me a Stage II TB. I don't understand knocking
people who are out to help us. There aren't that many places to go for
quality parts for Dodge stuff, especially at good prices . Let's not PO a
good supplier who might someday turn this hobby into a business.

I'm glad that you looked at the situation and said I'll go with Tony
because I want my TB now. I know that you got a great, high quality part.
I'm glad that we have people on the list who can help us out like this.

Richard in San Antonio

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.