Re: gas mileage, gas gauge

From: Ryan Rodgers (rodgers_ryan@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri May 19 2000 - 08:17:09 EDT

Sorry I don't have the orignal post here, but to the person who was
concerned about gas mileage on the 4.7: I have a 2000 CC SLT 4x2 with 3.92
rear end. I got 14 to 14.5 for my first 2 tanks, then I got 15 on my 3rd
tank. Now, I have an extang soft tonneau on it, and have got 15.5 to 16 the
last 2 tanks, and I turned 1500 miles this morning. I'm also working on a
po'boy K&N, but have been too busy lately to get the rest of my parts and
put it on. Everything I've read about these 4.7's suggest you need to give
it a good amount of time to break in to really run efficiently. Also, any
bolt on mods like intakes, exhaust, and pulleys (as available) can help it's
mileage out if you can keep your foot out of it (I really struggle here).
As far as the gas gauge goes, yes I get the idiot light with about 5 gallons
left in my 22 gallon tank. I would say that you are experiencing the norm
with your truck.