Re: Prowler / TII in premag Dak?

From: Bradley and Debbie Miller (bradndeb@dslonramp.com)
Date: Fri May 19 2000 - 08:47:41 EDT

>> maybe do a Turbo II motor in a premag.. now wouldn't that be cool? =)

I'll go you one better on that . . . Dakota running gear in 1960 Morris
Minor. 1400 lbs soaking wet -- the size of a VW Bug almost. Mine has
been chopped at least 4 inches and shaved. Can you say power to weight
ratio? With even just 200 hp (TII with good intercooler and bled) the car
should scoot well into the 13's or so. I'm not building it for a quarter
mile terror, but it's not going to shy away from going to the strip now and
then to work out the bugs.

Now if someone would just rip out their 2.2/5 spd to put in a
5.2/5.9/4.7/hemi/etc... and send me the goodies I'd be in business. ;-)

(Do you know how hard it is to find Dakota's in the bone yard? My sister
ended up using Shadow seats in her 1993(?) Dak/V6/5spd. They worked great,
complete with the console she put in. Unfortunately either the Dakota's
keep on running, or they're picked vulture clean.)

-- Bradley Miller