97+ front suspension bushings

From: Mike Burgess (mike.burgess@akamail.com)
Date: Fri May 19 2000 - 09:26:26 EDT

Back to the rotton rubber on the front suspension upper
A arm bushings. Dodge claims that they are failing due
to headers & excess heat. Yet they have a TSB #___?? that covers
some replacements since they offset the motor in the bay to the
pass. side.
 Anybody here have a way to get ahold of the specs for the
bushings to see what operating temp the rubber is expected to see?
At $600 per side for factory repair, I will go poor quickly,
along with all the other V-8 97+ owners.

Lets pull together to bring pressure to bear on Dodge to solve this.

I'm betting the bushings are overloaded, not overheated, since the
drivers side is 4x farther from headers then the pass side is, yet it
shows the same failure. I only weigh 200#.

Mike (Los Angeles)

--
"Thoughtcrime was not a thing that
could be concealed forever. You might