Re: 4.7 rough IDLE

From: The Coughlin Family (Coughlin@centuryinter.net)
Date: Fri May 19 2000 - 16:06:21 EDT

I have a 2000 reg. cab 4.7L/5-spd/3.92sg 2wd truck and I experience a rough
idle at times also.Doesn't seem to be any pattern to as to when it
happens.I've had it stall on me twice in a row as you described only I was
declerating in 1st gear and I mashed the clutch in and it stalled. I cranked
it back and it seemed fine and I backed up about 5 feet, mashed in the
clutch and it died again.I was experiencing an idle fluctuation when this
happened, not a rough idle, is this what you meant? I do have a ROUGH idle
sometimes but it only happens right when I crank it in the morning once i a
while. It will rev itself to about 1900 rpm and when it comes back down, it
sets in missing and shaking the truck.The shifter stick will jump around if
it's bad enough.All i have to do is rev it to about 1000 rpm twice and it
will quit.I almost always experience a "missing" condition at idle.The only
time it quits this is if I drive it for more than about 40 miles and get it
good and HOT.keep in touch and let me know if you get something done about
this problem or if you develop any of the others.BTW, what temp does your
truck like to run?Will coughlin@centuryinter.net