Re: Turbo Talk WAS: Prowler WAS: GMC Syclone/Typhoon

From: Mag318Racr@aol.com
Date: Sat May 20 2000 - 01:58:07 EDT

In a message dated 5/19/00 11:45:09 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
miggitymike@juno.com writes:

> yesss sir!
> there's 3 turbo II cars in the local boneyard that still have runnin'
> motors in em'. They said they will part with em' for almost nothing if I
> pull the blcks myself... can't afford it now, but seems like it would be
> a fun project. Lots of parts in the MP catalog for em', and I know a
> couple dudes with 12 sec Shadows. With that kind of power I could
> probably get a premag into the low 14's and make it a REAL sleeper =)
>
> -mike d.
There's lots o go fast parts available for these engines. For a truck, I
would recommend a 2.5 and go from there. The 2.5 is supposed to have a lot
more low end than a 2.2. Should help getting that truck rolling better.
There's several low (13.1 1/4 mi.) mini vans on the FWD lists running 2.5's.
 Good luck in your project!

Kelly in SC
'96 CC 5.2
'92 Daytona IROC R/T 224HP Twin cam turbo 2.2L
'86 Daytona Turbo Z CS "Free 2 Good Home"