Re: want better gas milage for your 4.7?

From: Aajaynefour@cs.com
Date: Sat May 20 2000 - 14:11:56 EDT

Boog,

The mileage in my 4.7 5spd is crappy also sometimes less than 12 MPG. Damn!

I checked with my local auto parts store to find out if they had an Autolite
replacement for the 4.7's Champion RC12MCC4. The only one they came up with
was the 5224 which they told me was a replacement for the RC12MC4 (one C
only) or the RC12YC. I'm confused. Did you have an equally hard time
finding a direct Autolite replacement for the Crapion plugs for the 4.7? Is
the 5224 actually a direct replacement and just not listed as such in the
books because of the newness of the RC12MCC4? Any idea what the "MCC4"
stands for?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Andrew