Re: RE: Re: LSD Oil Change Questions

From: Mike Klinke (LSOMike@email.msn.com)
Date: Sun May 21 2000 - 14:05:39 EDT

I usually pull the cover from the diff. It's more of a pain the rear but
it'll give you a chance to inspect the diff to see if there are any metal
shavings or loose bolts or whatever else might surprise you that shouldn't
be there.

If your manual says to use both, which it seems to do, then I'd let that go
a long way toward making your decision about using the friction modifier.
Especially if you do any towing. In the off-road world, where I saw the most
use of my LSD, it's usually advantageous to have the LSD working harder than
normal to achieve the best traction and my be a part of the "common wisdom"
from the mechanics I'm used to dealing with.

Regards, Mike Klinke